This is a list of frequently asked questions we receive. If your question is not on this list feel free to contact us, and we will be more then happy to answer all of your questions.
1. Do I have to pay to use taxigrab.com? Nope. Taxigrab.com is 100% free to use. Not to mention all the time that you will save by making a reservation online.
2. How much will my taxi fare cost? We have a free easy to use taxi fare calculator. It does not calculate fare information to the penny, but will get it close enough for you to make a good estimate.
3. How exactly does Taxigrab work? Simply fill out this form, choose your taxi company, and click book. The minute you click book your taxi company of choice will be notified of the reservation.
4. What cities do you have service in? Click for a complete list of cities that we have taxi services in.
5. What if there is no service in my city? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? If there is no service in your city send us an email by clicking the contact button. Just tell us what city you are in and our sales team will be on it right away.
6. How far in advance do I need to make a reservation? Since the reservation is sent immediately we have no actual deadline for making a reservation. However, it is best that you give at least one hour of notice for the most prompt service.
7. Can I pay for my ride with a credit card? 99% of our taxi partners accept most major credit cards. To double check call the number provided on your confirmation email.
8. Can I take children or babies along for the ride? Yes, but please let us know by placing this information into our additional information box on the reservation form.
9. Can I bring along my pet? While most taxi drivers do allow pets you will want to call the number provided in your reservation to be sure. Seeing eye dogs, and other special needs pets are always accepted.
10. Can I make a taxi reservation for the middle of the night? You can make a taxi reservation 24/7.
11. How much should I tip the taxi driver? It really depends on the service given, but a good tip of three to four dollars is considered good. If the taxi driver goes above and beyond by helping you with luggage an extra tip may be warranted.
12. If the driver was late or rude, who can I tell? If the driver is late, call the number that is provided for the cab company that you choose to pick you up to speak directly to them. As for a bad driver leave a tip that reflects the driver's service and conduct.